Reports to: Executive Director of the GE Chamber Foundation
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours between Monday through Friday, between 8:30am and 6pm and sometimes on Saturday between 9am and 4pm and will be required at the GE Chamber Foundation Office.
Executive Assistant duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office. Supports the executive director, program coordinator and program manager, through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material. Familiar with a variety of the Foundation’ concepts, practices and procedures. Ability to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring that all Administrative Assistant duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. May direct and lead the work of others. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
The inside is primarily administrative, office work. Equipment used in this position includes the
use of a computer and other standard office equipment.
The following major duties and related tasks have been identified as being essential to the
proper and effective performance of the job. The Administrative Assistant should expect to
perform all of the following duties.
• Answer and direct phone calls, order office supplies, maintain contact lists
• Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
• Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
• Assist the program coordinator and program manager in the preparation of regularly
• Develop and maintain a filing system
• Cover the reception desk, provide general support to visitors, provide information by answering questions and requests
• Prepare &/or generate reports and handle multiple projects.
• Prepare monthly meeting agenda, minutes and financials for the GECF.
• Prepare, monitor and follow up on invoices for GECF.
• Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques
• Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level;
anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying
receipt of supplies
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
• Maintain computer and manual filing systems
• Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
• Coordinate office procedures
• Reply to email, telephone or face to face enquiries
• Develop and update administrative systems to make them more efficient
• Resolve administrative problems
• Receive, sort and distribute the mail
• Answer telephone calls and pass them on
• Manage staff appointments as needed
• Coordinate repairs to office equipment
• Greet and assist visitors to the office
• Photocopy and print out documents on behalf of other colleagues’ requirements
• Proven admin or assistant experience
• Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
• Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational and planning skills
The position requires an individual to walk, sit, stand, operate the equipment required for the position and perform the essential functions listed in this job description. The individual in this position must possess the minimum skills, knowledge and abilities required for the position. Equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the following minimum knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Possess strong typing/word processing/reporting skills as well as experience with computer applications e.g., Word, Windows, WordPerfect, Excel.
• Knowledge of modern office equipment including, but not limited to computer copiers, and related office equipment.
• Possess good verbal and written communication skills for typing and interpersonal relationships.
• Strong administrative writing skills, office procedures, attention to detail and ability to multitask.
• Ability to provide analysis of data and other reports for assistance and feedback as requested by the Program Manager and Executive Director.
• Personal qualities of professionalism, teamwork and patience will be key.
This position will evolve as the Chamber continues to grow. Flexibility to expand and modify job
responsibilities will be key to long term success in this role.
A unique opportunity to build strong, resilient small businesses all across the South Side. An outstanding chance to partner with community leaders. A competitive compensation package including salary, paid-time-off benefits and professional development opportunities. The base salary for the position is
$19.00 per hour ($39,520 annually).
The GE Chamber Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, GE Chamber Foundation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which it has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org